summerstwilight is leading the pack with 27 points.
heatherlayne_n has 14 points.
Remember, you can post as many stories as you want for each prompt, so don't think you can't catch up to these two. Again, the prize is for the first person to reach 100 points and it's a custom-made PotC-themed wallpaper. But, in all honesty, the points don't really matter. I'm just trying to boost participation. That's all. So, please write, even if you don't give a shit about points.
And here's Challenge 23:
Write a fic. It can be any length, but must include:
1) Use this form at the beginning of your post
Then use an LJ cut by typing <*lj-cut text="insert story title or sentence blurb here"> without the star at the beginning.
2.) Tell a story that includes someone being accused of doing something they didn't actually do and the havoc that it causes (or not. It can be a sort of Much Ado About Nothing). It can be on the Pearl. It can be in the Navy, or the Dutchman or any combination. You can make it funny or tragic.
2 bonus points if it includes both someone(s) from the Pearl and someone(s) from the Royal Navy or the Dutchman (or all three if you want).
1 bonus point (for each) for including one of the following themes/motifs/thingies: stealing, Bootstrap Bill, weevils.
1 bonus point for each Harvard Vocab word used correctly in a sentence: "defenestrate," "salacious," and/or "nascent"
3) Original characters are allowed, but keep them minimal as it is the Pirates characters that we want to focus on. NO crossovers.
4) You MUST write a new story for this contest. Previously written stories are not accepted. Submissions will be kept secret until after the deadline.
5) Once you are finished, post your story to piratechallenge by updating your journal. I.E. your fic must be in it's own post. It will be approved after the deadline.
6) To be eligible for the contest, your fic MUST be posted before the deadline. If you miss a challenge, no worries, you may always submit a fic for our open submissions :)
7) Deadline will be: 1800 EST on SUNDAY, MARCH 3. That gives you one week and 47 minutes.
And remember, to fic is human, to beta is divine!
Happy writing, and thanks to those who have been posting, and those who have been commenting!