Sorry your mods have been MIA this past month. You know school - it thinks that it is the most important thing. Pshaw. What could be more important than piratefic? ;)
Anyway, here is a short challenge for you.
Write a fanfic. It can be as long or as short as you want, but must include ALL of the following elements:
1) Use this form at the beginning of your post
Then use an LJ cut by typing <*lj-cut text="insert story title or sentence blurb here"> without the star at the beginning.
2) Your challenge is to write a fic that: resolves the Jack/Will/Elizabeth love triangle from PotC: DMC
5 bonus points if Will and Elizabeth do NOT end up together.
4 bonus points for adding Jack/Will slash to the triangle.
3 bonus points for a confrontation between Will and Elizabeth or Will and Jack regarding Liz kissing Jack.
2 additional bonus points if the confrontation includes a sword fight.
2 bonus points for writing from a perspective other then Jack, Will, or Liz.
1 bonus point each for mentioning the Aztec medallion, a cut palm, Will saving Jack in CotBP, Liz killing Jack in DMC, or a magic spell.
3) Original characters are allowed, but keep them minimal as it is the Pirates characters that we want to focus on. NO crossovers.
4) You MUST write a new story for this contest. Previously written stories are not accepted. Submissions will be kept secret until after the deadline.
5) Once you are finished, post your story to piratechallenge by updating your journal. I.E. your fic must be in it's own post. It will be approved after the deadline.
6) To be eligible for the contest, your fic MUST be posted before the deadline. If you miss a challenge, no worries, you may always submit a fic for our open submissions :)
7) Deadline will be: MIDNIGHT on TUESDAY, MAY 8th.
If you are interested in participating or if you have any questions, comment here.
If you need a "second opinion" or some editing help before posting, check out our list of Betas!
And if there is any challenge you'd like to see, please submit it to our Prompt Ideas/Requests post.