Write a fanfic. It can be as long or as short as you want, but must include ALL of the following elements:
1) Use this form at the beginning of your post
Then use an LJ cut by typing <*lj-cut text="insert story title or sentence blurb here"> without the star at the beginning.
2) Your challenge is to write a fic with the prompt: star-crossed lovers. That is, an ill-fated love, or a love that is looked down on.
5 bonus points if you use a non-canon pairing, however, both individuals MUST be from canon. So, no Jack/OC for your "star-crossed" pairing.
2 bonus points if you use a canon pairing.
2 bonus points each if your lovers have to deal with sacrifice, hiding their relationship, defending their relationship, or criticism because of their relationship
1 bonus point each for mentioning white shores, flowers, drowning, or a broken teacup
3) Original characters are allowed, but keep them minimal as it is the Pirates characters that we want to focus on. NO crossovers.
4) You MUST write a new story for this contest. Previously written stories are not accepted. Submissions will be kept secret until after the deadline.
5) Once you are finished, post your story to piratechallenge by updating your journal. I.E. your fic must be in it's own post. It will be approved after the deadline.
6) To be eligible for the contest, your fic MUST be posted before the deadline. If you miss a challenge, no worries, you may always submit a fic for our open submissions :)
7) Deadline will be: MIDNIGHT on SUNDAY, APRIL 8th.
If you are interested in participating or if you have any questions, comment here.
If you need a "second opinion" or some editing help before posting, check out our list of Betas!
And if there is any challenge you'd like to see, please submit it to our Prompt Ideas/Requests post.