Write a fic. It can be any length, but must include:
1) Use this form at the beginning of your post
Then use an LJ cut by typing <*lj-cut text="insert story title or sentence blurb here"> without the star at the beginning.
2.) Tell a story that includes Jack and Gibbs in a tavern
2 bonus points if they tell yarns
1 bonus point (for each) for including one of the following themes/motifs/thingies: mermaids, the French, and/or blame
1 bonus point for each Harvard Vocab word used correctly in a sentence: "plausability," "liaison," and/or "preternatural"
3) Original characters are allowed, but keep them minimal as it is the Pirates characters that we want to focus on. NO crossovers.
4) You MUST write a new story for this contest. Previously written stories are not accepted. Submissions will be kept secret until after the deadline.
5) Once you are finished, post your story to piratechallenge by updating your journal. I.E. your fic must be in it's own post. It will be approved after the deadline.
6) To be eligible for the contest, your fic MUST be posted before the deadline. If you miss a challenge, no worries, you may always submit a fic for our open submissions :)
7) Deadline will be: 2300 EST on FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23rd. That gives you 96 hours.
And remember, to fic is human, to beta is divine!