Write a fanfic. It can be as long or as short as you want, but must include ALL of the following elements:
1) Use this form at the beginning of your post
Then use an LJ cut by typing <*lj-cut text="insert story title or sentence blurb here"> without the star at the beginning.
2) Your challenge is to write a fic in which someone needs to rescue Jack Sparrow. You decide the trouble or danger he's in, you decide who or what would save him, and he does NOT have to be rescued in your story. The mission can fail, or you can leave it as a question.
3) Original characters are allowed, but keep them minimal as it is the Pirates characters that we want to focus on. NO crossovers.
4) You MUST write a new story for this contest. Previously written stories are not accepted. Submissions will be kept secret until after the deadline.
5) Once you are finished, post your story to piratechallenge by updating your journal. I.E. your fic must be in it's own post. It will be approved after the deadline.
6) To be eligible for the contest, your fic MUST be posted before the deadline. If you miss a challenge, no worries, you may always submit a fic for our open submissions :)
7) Deadline will be: MIDNIGHT on MONDAY, JANUARY 15th.
If you are interested in participating or if you have any questions, comment here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you need a "second opinion" or some editing help before posting, check out our list of Betas!
And if there is any challenge you'd like to see, please submit it to our Prompt Ideas/Requests post.